Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Back on track...

Okay- Last night I obviously had trouble sending my blog from my phone, so I fixed last night's blog (below) and I am typing up the results from lasts night's meal. It will be posted soon. So, if you tried to read the last blog maddness....here it is in the correct format! haha


So here it is - Our first Vegan cooking adventure together! Tonight, I'm making it quite simple. Just based on the fact that I'm not too hungry, but I want something that will fill me up at the same time. So....Veggie Quesadillas it is! Thanks to "The Accidental Vegan" Cookbook, I will have a delicious, meat and dairy free dinner tonight!!! : )
Here are the ingredients and cooking steps:

1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
1 yellow or red onion, halved lengthwise then cut in semicircles
2 zucchini, finely chopped
2 cups loosely packed chopped Swiss chard
1 cup chopped green or red cabbage
1 teaspoon chili powder, mild or hot
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon sea salt
6 (10 in) flour tortillas
1 cup vegan cheese

Heat the 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the onion, zucchini, chard, cabbage, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and salt, and saute for 5-10 minutes, until the veggies are soft. Remove the veggies from the pan, then rinse it and dry.

To assemble the quesadillas, spread one-sixth of the "cheese" on each tortilla, then cover half of the surface with one-sixth of the veggies. Fold each quesadilla in half to form a semicircle.

Heat the 1 teaspoon of olive oil in the skillet over medium-low heat, and spread it evenly over the surface of the pan. Cook the quesadillas one or two at a time for about 1 minute on each side, until they just start to brown. Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges

And there you have it. Of course, you can substitue for veggies that are in season, or just ones that you are more partial to. Now, I am off to make this delicious meal and I'll be back to let you know how it develops! I'm going to try and figure out this phone pic thing so I can post on the blog- we'll see. Until then,
Eat well, Live well!!!!
~Tre

No comments:

Post a Comment