Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Quesadilla -The Finished Product

Hello Hello!!!! Happy Humpday everyone!!! =)


The Quesadillas I made last night.....AMAZING! I thought about it as I was making them, and realized that I have NEVER made a quesadilla before! How weird is that!? AND I'm Mexican!!! Hahaha. I was SO proud of my finished product, that I didn't even want to eat it! I took a few photos to trace my progress...

This is the start of it all. The onions, with Cumin, Salt and Chili Powder....I added bell peppers and mushrooms to my ingredients just because I love them so much! All the rest was added later.




Here's the cheese I used. It's Follow Your Heart Vegan Cheese, you can find it in most health food stores, or even online!





Here's my finished product, plated and ready to grub on!!!! My tortillas are pretty cooked, cuz I like the crunchy...Of course you can cook yours a little less, or more...however you like them!! =)






AND....Just for fun, I made stir fry veggies! Really, I made them for my lunch today....And might I say, it was FABULOUS! Just threw in Broccoli, Bell Peppers, Onions, Carrots, Peas....Good stuff!!!!



I think it goes without saying, that I had a fulfilling meal last night! I had fun cooking it, enjoyed watching it all come together, and you know I LOVED eating it!!!! Although I did start off with a very simple meal, it was rewarding still! The best part? My 2 year old ate the leftovers this morning and wanted MORE!!!

It really does make me feel so much better to cook my own meals that I KNOW are not only healthy but delicious! And how freeing is it that I'm not giving in to all the fast food industries...AND that I FEEL healthy. Even if I feel like I'm getting sick, I still feel good! I feel like I have the power to control my body now, and not the other way around!

Sorry for the delay with posting, but I'm just trying to figure out how to blog from my phone without it going crazy on me! If all else fails, these will just have to be early morning blogs.

I hope you will all try this recipe and maybe even come up with your own modifications for it. Tonight's menu is still undecided....More to come on that...Thanks your time and interest!!!!

Eat well, Live well!!!

~Tre

1 comment:

  1. Ok, that looks really good, but one question: WHERE IS MINE?!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete